RYA/MCA Day Skipper Theory
Experience Required: Competent Crew Practical
Become a navigational explorer with this 5-day theoretical course. Learn how to use navigational tools and build confidence to make considered decisions onboard.
What you’ll learn:
- International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea
- Definition of position, course and speed
- Navigational charts and publications
- Navigational drawing instruments
- Tides and tidal streams
- Visual aids to navigation
- Passage planning
- Navigation in restricted visibility
- Marine environment
Duration: 5 days
Total course fee: R8 100
Fees include: RYA theory packs and certificates.
Fees exclude: Food, accommodation and transport.
Contact us now for course dates and availability.
Once you have completed your RYA Day Skipper Theory, the next step is the RYA Day Skipper Practical.
Terms and Conditions apply. We reserve the right to change course content, dates and prices.