Skills Development & Mile Building
These practical weeks continue from the RYA Yachtmaster Coastal Practical and ensure that you visit as many ports as possible in order to really perfect your navigational knowledge and capabilities. You’ll also gain extra boat handing and skippering experience that will prepare you for harsh conditions out on sea. This course of up to six consecutive weeks will also provide you with the night hours and mileage needed to obtain your RYA Yachtmaster Coastal or RYA Yachtmaster Offshore certifications.
What you’ll learn:
- Passage planning
- Preparation for sea
- Passage making and ability as skipper
- Yacht handling under power
- Yacht handling under sail
- Adverse weather conditions Emergency situations
Duration: 6 days
Total course fee: R9500
- RYA theory packs and certificates.
- Your personal RYA logbook.
- Food, accommodation and use of wet weather gear during the practical live-aboard week on the yacht.
Contact us now for course dates and availability.
Once you are up to Offshore standard and have all the required miles and passages, you can join the Exam Preparation week & RYA Yachtmaster Offshore Exam
Terms and Conditions apply. We reserve the right to change course content, dates and prices.