15 Week RYA / MCA Yachtmaster Offshore Package
No Previous Experience required
If you are serious about learning to sail and your career in the professional yachting industry, the RYA / MCA Yachtmaster Offshore Career Package provides you with the standard internationally recognised qualifications.
With no prior experience, this course takes you through all of the RYA sailing courses up to Yachtmaster Offshore, along with a host of additional short courses and commercial endorsement requirements to ensure a high level of capability and confidence. You will receive 2500 miles of thorough sail training for your RYA Yachtmaster Offshore exam.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a commercially endorsed RYA / MCA Yachtmaster Offshore certificate of competence which is valid for use as a Master of yachts up to 200gt in category 1 waters (150nm from a safe haven).
This package includes the following modules:
- RYA Competent Crew Practical
- RYA Day Skipper Theory and Day Skipper Practical
- RYA Yachtmaster Coastal / Offshore Theory and Coastal Skipper Practical
- RYA Powerboat Level II
- RYA Short Range DSC VHF Radio
- RYA Diesel Engine Maintenance
- RYA Radar
- PYA Super Yacht Deckhand
- Online PPR
- Skills Development & Mile Building
- Prep and RYA Yachtmaster Exam
- South African Sailing qualifications (optional extra)
Duration: 15 weeks.
Total course fee: R136 690 (For international transfers, please add R300 for bank fees)
- RYA theory packs and certificates.
- Your personal RYA logbook.
- Food, accommodation and use of wet weather gear during the 11 practical live-aboard weeks on the yachts.
Fees exclude: R2000 ENG1 Medical Exam (recommended pre-course requirement), RYA fees amounting to £324 as well as accommodation and food on shore during theory weeks in Cape Town.
Contact us now for course dates and availability or to tailor-make a program should the above package not suit your needs.
Terms and Conditions apply. We reserve the right to change course content, dates and prices.