STCW certificates are internationally recognized marine safety certificates, which are required to work on commercial vessels in any maritime industry.
The Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) and the South African Maritime Safety Authority (SAMSA) endorse these courses and all certificates on this course are the IMO (International Maritime Organisation) International Convention for Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers, including the 1995 and 2010 Manilla Amendments.
What you’ll learn:
- Elementary First Aid (STCW A-V1/1-3)
- Fire Fighting and Fire Prevention (STCW A-V1/1-2)
- Personal Survival Techniques with Proficiency in Life Raft (RYA Based Sea Survival certificate or STCW A-V1/1-1)
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities (STCW A-V1/1-4)
- Proficiency in Designated Security Duties (PDSD) (STCW A-V1/6-2)
Duration: 11 days (12 days if you would like to obtain a SAMSA Commercial Ticket by obtaining the STCW Medical First Aid at Sea Certificate)
Fees: R7900 (11 day course)
Please note: this is an outsourced course.