Pre-course requirements: None
Duration: 1 day
Venue: Classroom at Royal Cape Yacht Club, Cape Town
Fees: R1,900.00 (incl VAT) Payable to Yachtmaster Sailing School – *For International transfers, please add an extra R400 for clearance bank fees*
Course Fees Include:
- Radar course workbook
- Course completion certificate
- Temporary membership at Royal Cape Yacht Club
Excluded from Course Fees:
Radar is an important component of safety at sea, and on this course, you will learn the proper use and understanding of Radar equipment. You will learn how to use small boat Radar to assist decision-making in navigation, pilotage and collision avoidance.
Presented in our Classroom based at the Royal Cape Yacht Club under the watchful eye of Table Mountain!
We use a state of the art Radar Simulator on a PC and projector to prepare students for the use of real equipment fitted on vessels at sea.
- Introduction to Radar
- The International Regulations for the Prevention of Collision at sea and Radar
- Setting up and tuning of a Radar
- Understanding Radar Picture
- Radar Terminology
- Fixing position by Radar
- Radar reflectors
- Navigation and pilotage by Radar
- The role of Radar in collision avoidance
- Plotting sheets
HOW TO CREATE A SUCCESSFUL CAREER IN YACHTING AND TRAVEL THE WORLD
Step into a life filled with greater expansion, opportunity and adventure.