• Nautical Terms
• International Regulations for The Prevention of Collisions at Sea
• Definition of position, course and speed
• Navigational charts and publications
• Navigational drawing instruments
• Tides and tidal streams
• Visual aids to navigation
• Passage planning
• Navigation in restricted visibility
• Marine environment
Become a navigational explorer with this 6-day theoretical course.
Learn how to use navigational tools, electronic navigation aids and build confidence to make wise decisions onboard.
Instructor student ratio is carefully considered to ensure balanced learning.
This module is applicable to both Motor and Sail.
Our Theory Modules are presented in our state of the art classroom based at the Royal Cape Yacht Club under the watchful eye of Table Mountain!
+27 21 788 1009 (Landline)
+27 82 088 7186 (Mobile)
WhatsApp welcome (please include name)
Included in the Course fees is:
• Your RYA Theory packs
• Use of RYA Reference Books and navigation equipment
• RYA day skipper theory certificate
Excluded & Extra Over the above fees:
• Accommodation in Cape Town is required in Cape Town.