This advanced theoretical course in navigation and meteorology will help you to set out onto the open waters enabling you to make key decisions as a competent Yachtsman keeping the yacht safe and enjoyable as you set off on longer passages.
Our Theory Modules are presented in our state of the art classroom based at the Royal Cape Yacht Club under the watchful eye of Table Mountain!
The RYA Yachtmaster Coastal / Offshore Theory course is an Advanced course in Chartwork, Navigation, Meteorology and Tides for candidates of the RYA Yachtmaster Coastal and Offshore Exams.
The Theory Course is the Same for Motor and Sail.
• Positions and circle of uncertainty
• Magnetic compass
• Tides and tidal streams
• Buoyage and lights
• Secondary Ports
• Electronic navigational aids/ echo sounders / logs and deck log
• Meteorology and Weather forecasts
• International Regulations for the Prevention at Collision at Sea
• Safety at Sea
• Conduct and behavior of vessels operating in or near conditions of restricted visibility
• Passage Planning
• Marine environment