Cape Town born, he has sailed all his life, starting at RCYC on his grandfather’s yacht, “Acushla”.
Alex has been involved in sail training for over 20 years and during that time has put in more time on the water than any other instructor in the Cape.
Our Students attest to his patience and knowledge as a sailing Instructor. Alex also acts as a mentor to our instructors ensuring they are constantly growing their knowledge and experience. Alex holds a BSc in Civil Engineering and the Pilots Flying Badge – General Duties, South African Air Force.
- SAMSA Yachtmaster Ocean Unlimited
- SAS Yachtmaster Ocean Instructor
- SAS Yachtmaster Ocean Examiner
- RYA Yachtmaster Ocean Instructor
- RYA Yachtmaster Ocean Examiner
- RYA Power Boat Level II Instructor
- RYA Advanced Power Boat CoC
- RYA Radar Instructor
- RYA Diesel Engine Maintenance Instructor
- RYA Short Range Radio Assessor
Tenders And Powerboats 2hp to 100hp
Motor yachts experience:
ranging from 36 ft to 100 ft
Sailing yachts experience:
Mono hulls and multi hulls ranging from 10ft to 55ft
Captain,Deliveries,Ocean Crossings,Rigging, Own Boat Tuition, Racing, Commissioning and Training to Yachtmaster Ocean level
Named areas of experience and expertise:
Sailing Yacht Deliveries
Theoretical sail Training