Pre-course requirements: None
Duration: 5 days
During this essential introductory course, you will be introduced to the wonderful world of sailing!
The aim is to build a solid foundation in the correct procedures, including safety, seamanship, rope work helmsman-ship and sail trim that will equip you with all you need to be a competent crew member.
You will also be exposed to latest sailing terminology and learn many different approaches and techniques.
- Knowledge of sea terms and parts of a boat, her rigging and sails
- Sails & Sail handling
- Rope work
- Helmsman ship
- Fire precautions and fighting
- Personal safety equipment
- Basic Engine Checks
- Man overboard
- Emergency equipment
- Manners and customs
- General duties
- Night Sailing
- Living afloat
- 100 nautical miles and 4-night hours
Fees: Please contact us for a list of fees.
Course fees include:
- Meals and accommodation whilst on board
- RYA Competent Crew Practical course completion certificate
- RYA Personal Logbook
HOW TO CREATE A SUCCESSFUL CAREER IN YACHTING AND TRAVEL THE WORLD
Step into a life filled with greater expansion, opportunity and adventure.