This course assumes knowledge of the RYA Day Skipper Theory and Practical Level and so ideally, we would like you to have at least the equivalent of Day Skipper in Sailing or Motor experience on a Yacht smaller than24m/72ft and smaller than 200gt, before allowing you to move on to the Coastal / Offshore Theory Modules.
Duration: 7 days
Fees: All prices which include 15% VAT and are payable to Yachtmaster Sailing School. Please contact our office for fees. *For International transfers, please add an extra R400 for clearance bank fees*
Course Fees Include:
- RYA Yachtmaster Coastal/Offshore theory Workbook
- Navigational tools and stationary
- Course completion certificate
Excluded from Course Fees:
This advanced theoretical course in navigation and meteorology will help you to set out onto the open waters enabling you to make key decisions as a competent Yachtsman keeping the yacht safe and enjoyable as you set off on longer passages.
Our Theory Modules are presented in our classroom based at the Royal Cape Yacht Club.
The RYA Yachtmaster Coastal / Offshore Theory course is an advanced course in Chartwork, Navigation, Meteorology and Tides for candidates of the RYA Yachtmaster Coastal and Offshore Exams.
The Theory Course is the Same for Motor and Sail.
- Positions and circle of uncertainty
- Magnetic compass
- Tides and tidal streams
- Buoyage and lights
- Secondary Ports
- Electronic navigational aids/ echo sounders / logs and deck log
- Meteorology and Weather forecasts
- International Regulations for the Prevention at Collision at Sea
- Safety at Sea
- Conduct and behavior of vessels operating in or near conditions of restricted visibility
- Passage Planning
- Marine environment
HOW TO CREATE A SUCCESSFUL CAREER IN YACHTING AND TRAVEL THE WORLD
Step into a life filled with greater expansion, opportunity and adventure.